- Create a process to “validate” the independence and effectiveness of the new self-regulation body
- Validate a new process of independent arbitration for complainants – which would benefit both the public and publishers by providing speedy resolutions
- Place a duty on government to protect the freedom of press
- Establish a body to regulate the press directly
- Give any Parliament or government rights to interfere with what newspapers publish
Our thanks to Gray’s Inn for hosting the recording.